Monday, October 13, 2008

Wedding Weekend

This past weekend was my first trip in to Michigan, 25 miles outside of Detroit in a city called Plymouth. Not much to see, just a small, nice suburban city. We were there for my wife's brother's wedding. And I've got to say, for a Wisconsin boy, yeesh, the beer selection was sub par. I know that sounds cruel, but there were two options: Miller Light (which I can completely tolerate), and Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat (yech!). Now I really, really do not enjoy even one sip of Leinies Sunset Wheat. I find it too syrupy, and very sweet. It really just isn't to my taste at all. So, with my options being two mea beers, I stuck to booze. Good old gin-toniks with a twist of lime. Those went down nice and easy.
Due to the long weekend, and my being tired from driving 7.5 hours each way, brewing was out of the question. So, once again a brew will be put on hold. Although I should certainly get to that porter this week as I have a 2.5 qt starter sitting in my fermenting fridge.

No comments: